|Forum Home > Meeting Minutes > Sept 2013 Mtg Minutes - Draft|
Minutes – RTNA , September 25, 2013
In attendance: Rita F., Antonio F., Zoraida V., Julio L., Mira P-A., Mary G., Debbie R., Andy H., Rob V., Eufracia C., Allison T., Gina V., Jean, Lt. Veltre, Officer Lamboy, …..LIST INCOMPLETE
Welcome – Julio L.
Official name change – Redstone, the Neighborhood Association
Will impede tax exemption status, but a necessary step for branding of organization.
RTNA to open a bank account – Provident Bank.
Motion to re-elect Julio Leiva for President, 3 year term.
Motion by Antonio F, 2nd by Mira PA, all in favor, none opposed.
• Special guests – Lt. Veltre and Ofc. Lamboy of JCPD, South Precinct.
o South Precinct updates – more motorcycle patrols in the evenings in South & West precincts
o South Precinct currently has 80 officers on duty. Plans to hire more from next graduating JC Police Academy class.
o Employed bicycle cops to patrol parks through the fall
o An Operations plan is in effect for car break-ins
o Call the non-emergency number for any suspicious activity – 201-547-5477.
o RTNA to get Neighborhood Watch signs
o Next Captain’s Meeting (Captain Younger, South Precinct) on Wednesday, October 2nd, 7:00 p.m. St. Paul's Convent at 20 Greenville Avenue, in the basement – all are encouraged to attend
o Email [email protected] to sign up for Neighborhood Watch Training.
Cultural Committee – Zoriada V.
o See handout for upcoming events
o Big Dig, Saturday October 26 – RTNA steering committee to decide on volunteer site – all members encouraged to join us – email [email protected] with instructions to follow
Safety & Health Committee – Andy H
o Email [email protected] to help us address the following issues –
o Graffiti issues – send pics and locations
o Flooding on Audubon - send address and owner’s name
o Lighting on Grant – send pole number and/or address of home closest to pole
• Ofc. Lamboy has contact at PSE & G – send email with pole locations for assistance [email protected]
• Contact JCIA to cut down trees - 201-432-4645
• Send fall tree planting requests to Andy @ [email protected] – deadline has passed, but the City is still taking requests.
• Garbage bins have been requested the following locations -- Culver & Audubon @ College St. , corner of Lt. Grover Park; top of Audubon @ Kennedy Blvd
• All members of RTNA are encouraged to send letters and email directly to the City regarding their concerns – please copy Julio, President RTNA - [email protected], and Mary - [email protected], Mira – [email protected]) so RTNA can retain a copy of the correspondence to track neighborhood issues. Visit http://cityofjerseycity.com/ for City agency email addresses.
• RTNA is circulating a petition to get lockable gates at Lt. Grover Park
• Ofc. Lamboy & Lt. Veltre to check on signage with park ordinance for hours of park use.
o Once sign is installed RTNA members can call 201-547-5477 to report violations – City parks are closed btwn 10p – 6a.
• Reported - Issues of prostitution on Fisk St., & Mallory off 440 – JCPC to check into issue
• Broadman Parkway & Culver Ave. approved for speed hump pilot program. Roll-out dates to follow
• Abandoned house on Grant & Kennedy; boards are off house. Any issues call Housing Authority; JCPD to check on issue.
PR Committee – Allison T.
• RTNA yard signs available. Contact Julio if interested – [email protected]
• Social media update – 50 “likes” on Facebook (FB)
• Committee chairs, or an appointee, to forward updates for FB to Allison, [email protected]
and cc. Julio L.
• Twitter account for RTNA coming soon
• Welcome packet created by Mira P.A. for all new to RTNA & the neighborhood. Updated version to follow
o Mira to email Allison to discuss final layout
• Madelynne D. New PR Committee Member to work on Social Media Promotions for the Website and Facebook – In addition to rebranding.
City Concerns – Rob V.
• Bus Rapid Transit study – No new information to date
• West Side Survey Report – meeting a few months ago to present results, nothing new to date
• Parking Authority may be dissolved
• JCIA/DPW merger
• Pulaski skyway closing in February
• PJP site update tabled to November meeting
• Curbs on College, Audubon painted red thanks to the assistance of Councilman Lavarro & City agencies. For additional requests email [email protected]
• Request for no parking signs
• Issues with parking authority agents not writing tickets for illegally parked cars
• Block captains needed for all blocks EXCEPT Broadman Parkway; Gina V. volunteers for College St.
• School Board elections on November 5. Gina V. is running for one of 4 open slots on the School Board.
• New administration at Snyder High School, social worker Jessica Llamas has also been re-located.
• Invite new Snyder principal to next meeting
• NJCU has invited RTNA to become members of their Neighborhood Advisory Board
• NJCU branding in neighborhood – new banners: Welcomed by RTNA residents
• Proposed Halloween event for Sunday, October 27th. Gina V to coordinate
Motion to adjourn by Julio L., seconded by everyone.